Thursday, June 5, 2008

Mama Said There'd Be Days Like This...

Ugh.

Yesterday was such a wasted day. I hate that. I feel like I got nothing accomplished.

I worked from home yesterday because we were supposed to have Verizon come out and hook us up to the FiOS TV. It's supposed to be great and awesome picture quality and cheaper than what we're paying now, etc. So, we were pretty excited about it.

They weren't supposed to come until between 1 and 5, so I was planning on doing my run in the morning. Well, I got all caught up with work stuff so I didn't even realize what time it was until around 11:30. There wouldn't have been enough time to run (I had an hour-long run to do) and shower before 1. Now, I know service people are rarely on time, but I knew that the one time I was in the shower or something, they would show up. So, I planned to do my run on the treadmill after Keller went to bed.

So, 1:00 rolls around. No Verizon. 2:00 rolls around. No Verizon. At 2:30, I picked up the phone to call John and heard that there was a message. We have voicemail and when we have a message the dial tone makes a funny sound. So I call to hear the message and it's from Verizon. They "were sorry they missed us on May 29th and we need to reschedule our hookup." What? May 29th? You're kidding me.

I call Verizon and there's a whole mix up and they're not coming and we need to reschedule. Well, I can't just reschedule without looking at my calendar to see when I can work from home, or speak with John and see when he could be home. Crap.

While I'm on the phone with Verizon, a huge ass thunderstorm comes through. All the deck furniture goes flying (thankfully, nothing broke) and Lola freaks the hell out. She peed all over the floor and pooped too. I had to clean all that up. Then the power went out. I couldn't do anymore work, even though I had battery power for the laptop, I didn't have internet. That was it. I just went to sleep. Though I had to put my ear plugs in and shut my door because Lola was crying. Now, I know I sound like a bad dog mom, but there is nothing you can do for that dog when she gets like that. Trying to calm her down is a waste of time. I put her downstairs so she could just wait it out. She was safe and me being around probably would have made her more nervous.

As I was sleeping, Peppertree (Keller's school) called. They lost power and I had to come get Keller. So I picked him up. He was in a good mood so we came home and played. Then he got a little crazy. He was jumping off the couch, running through the house like his pants were on fire, and just going nuts. I guess because he had been inside all day because of the storms. I thought it was going to be a great time trying to put him to bed. But he was actually fine. We read stories and played a little and then he went right to bed.

After Keller went to bed, I got ready for my run. As I was doing so, another storm came through. Lola freaked out and all that (thankfully, she didn't pee that time). I went downstairs to get on the treadmill. Well, I got about 10 minutes into the run when the power went out again. Great.

I went upstairs and read a magazine by the window so I could see. John came home and the power came back on. So I did my run and all was fine.

But I feel like the day was such a wash (no pun intended). It just was stinky. At least I didn't have to drive home from work, that would have been hideous. And I set up my new website for my coaching service. You must check it out because I love it!! Go to http://www.coachjenn.com/. And if you know anyone that is interested in starting out as a runner or an experienced runner wanting to improve, send them my way. I offer virtual coaching, as well as face-to-face, so they don't even have to live here to get the benefits of me!

Well, hopefully today is a better day!

No comments: