Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thank You

Today is Thanksgiving. Happy T-day, everyone!

Last night we pretty much decided we weren't going down to Williamsburg for the holiday. I have been sick all week with a sore throat and high fever and sitting in the car in traffic with a broken foot is the last thing I want to do.

I felt bad and horribly guilty over it, but in the end, it was the right decision. When we woke up this morning there was that familiar crust on Keller's eye-- PINK EYE! We're heading to the doctor first thing in the morning to be sure and get some drops. Fun times in the Gill household, indeed.

I was feeling down and depressed and all that about not being among family, blah blah blah. But really, I'm with the people that matter most to me and that is what I'm truly thankful for. And John went to the store first thing this morning and got the full spread. We'll be eating here the moment Keller gets up from his nap.

And we just discovered a Rocky movie marathon on VS, and really, this holiday just couldn't get any better now. And I just happen to be wearing my "Cut me...Mick" shirt too. It is fate. Eye of the Tiger, baby.

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm thankful for my wonderful family and friends, past, present, and future. I love you!

By the way, it's our pup, Lola's 7th birthday today too. Happy Birthday, Lo Bo!

2 comments:

Cyberpenguin said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Regarding the "should I stay or should I go" dilemma: Man, I know how that is, especially when you are not feeling 100%. I hear ya! Being sick &/or injured over the holidays calls for some tough decision-making. However, it sounds like you had a pretty good holiday in the end!

Movie marathons are great! Plus, there are enough Rocky movies to last the entire afternoon & into the evening! 8-)

Hopefully the three of you will be able to see your Williamsburg relatives at some other juncture.

I wish both you & Keller speedy recoveries! ...and your pup a happy B-Day!

marc8773 said...

How could I have missed a Rocky marathon!!!