Anyway, Molly listed 15 things that give her that soul-laughing feeling. In the spirit of the holidays, I wanted to play along. I don't know if I can think of 15, but I'll try. And I definitely pilfered one from Molly because I feel the same way. Here's my take on soul laughing, in no particular order:
- Keller's belly laugh. Gets me every time.
- When we dance to "Birthday" for someone's birthday. Everyone is involved, even Lola the dog.
- Someone in the car next to me is singing at the top of their lungs, especially when hands are in motion and head movements are included.
- Anything that Keller says, really. Especially when he tells me I'm his best friend. :)
- Spending time with my girls. Cheapest, yet most effective, therapy around.
- Watching the Kona Ironman Championships.
- Listening to John talk and play with Keller when he doesn't know I'm listening.
- Watching anyone I've coached cross a finish line. Or hear about a wonderful workout they've had. Really, just seeing anyone I've ever coached have a proud moment in running shoes or not.
- Spending time with my parents.
- Watching Keller in school, interacting with his friends and teachers, when he doesn't know I'm there.
- Seeing people do nice things for others just for the heck of it. Simple things, like holding the elevator or saying "hello."
- Getting Christmas cards.
- Getting hugged. I really like hugs.
- Dancing like a lunatic. And seeing people laugh because of it.
Speaking of running, I ran for the first time yesterday. I did 2 miles of running and walking and felt really good. I didn't have any pain while I was running and I haven't had an residual pain. Yippy! I'm back, baby!
I hope all of you have a wonderful, JOYOUS holiday! Be safe and merry!