Monday, February 2, 2009

One Week

Another Monday and another week. This week looks like it will be crazy busy, but good nonetheless.

John is going out of town on Wednesday and will be gone until Sunday. He's going to Marcos Island in Florida, the loser. He goes to this conference every year and we talk about me and Keller joining him, but we always forget about it until it's right here. Oh well. I guess we'll try again next year. But my parents are coming in this weekend to help, so at least we will have fun here too.

This weekend was good. John went out with the boys, so I had Saturday night to myself. I watched Mamma Mia with Meryl Streep. It made me a little uncomfortable. I mean, I liked it, I guess. But seeing her in the role she played was really strange. All the dancing around and singing was hard for me to believe. And then Pierce Brosnan? That was even more unbelievable.

Sunday we did nothing during the day except fight with Keller. That boy. He's something else. He didn't take a nap, which is always a recipe for disaster. Just a lot of not listening and acting badly. But we went over to Holly and Mark's for the Superbowl and that seemed to get him back on track. Seeing the other kids and not having to deal with us is more enjoyable for him, I guess.

On a completely different note, I saw a school bus get pulled over by a cop this morning. I had never seen such a thing before. I don't know if the bus had any students on it but could you imagine? Riding along to school and your bus gets pulled over? I don't know about here, but when I took the bus to school, the kids on my bus would have made life miserable for the bus driver if we got pulled over. The kids on my bus were wretched and the bus driver had no control over them. There would be something going on everyday. It made the 5 minute ride to school pretty interesting. Lots of yelling back and forth between the wretched kids and the bus driver, things were thrown, the bus driver would stop the bus and go back there and yell. It's a wonder we ever got to school.

Happy Monday!

No comments: