Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Circus

It has been a busy couple of weeks! I don't even remember what happened last week, so I can't really write about it. I honestly think I have some early dementia or other neurological problem developing. How bad is that? I can't remember a week ago!

I do remember this weekend being fun. Saturday was the National Marathon and Half Marathon, for which I coached a group. John also ran the half and I had some friends and a client run it as well. Keller and I were down there for the whole thing. It was great. I bought this giant smiley face balloon to use so people could find me before the race and as they were running. And when I say giant, I mean giant. It worked well because everyone could find me and some other random people were telling their friends to meet them by the crazy person with the giant smiley face balloon. It was a little breezy and it kept hitting people in the face. One woman was smashed in the face and John told her she was "kissed." HA! John and I were looking through the official race photos last night and there were tons of photos with the balloon in the background. It was hysterical. We found a new race necessity.

So, race start was at 7:00 am and it was freaking cold. I felt bad for everyone, but I knew it was better than being freaking hot. In fact, it turned out to be a beautiful day for running. Keller and I hung out at the finish line the whole time, which is always fun. We had our cow bells and were screaming our heads off. I always laugh when Keller screams at a race. It's so amusing to me. At first it was general "woo hoos." Then he starting yelling, "Where's my daddy?" I just laughed. And then John came in and all was right with the world. I have to say, while I normally get choked up when my people cross the finish line, I was especially emotional at this race. And not just for my runners, but for everyone I watched at the finish. Because I could really see the range of emotions on their faces: pain, the realization they were at the finish, pride, elation. It really got to me because I know how they feel. It was nice to see. Anyway, all my peeps did really well, I was so proud.

Sunday was the circus. It was a lot of fun. I'd only been to the circus a couple of times in my life and (surprise!) I don't really remember it. But we had a good time, Keller really enjoyed it. Especially the popcorn and sno-cones. He wasn't a big fan of the cotton candy, which just left more for me. He was completely overstimulated after a while and we had to leave a little early. Which, overall, was fine with us.

I actually started feeling sick on Saturday, which hasn't really developed into anything. Well, it's in that in-between stage. Just enough to make me feel icky but not enough to make me stay in bed. I'm actually feeling a little better today, so that's good.

Speaking of today, I had a dentist appointment this morning. I normally see this one hygienist, who I've become pretty friendly with over the years. She's out on maternity leave, so I was with someone else. And this person was quite nice, but too nice. You know how you get completely annoyed by really nice people? You know, they're so sweet and talk your ear off, call you Sweetie and all that? Well, that was this person. "Go ahead and spit, Sweetie." And I feel bad being annoyed, which just adds to the annoyance. Oh well. At least my teeth are well. I have perfect oral hygiene, you know.

No comments: