Monday, April 28, 2008

Big Boy Bed


Tonight marks the second night of Keller sleeping in a big boy bed. We converted his crib into a bed last night. He was pretty excited about it. He went right in and slept like a log.

This morning he woke up and played for a little while. He sleeps with his door closed, so when he was ready he banged on the door and asked for us to come in. We went in to see how the night went. He was in a great mood. He said he slept well in "Keller's big boy bed."

Normally, while John gets ready for work in the morning, Keller is in his room playing and watching Elmo. This morning, John said Keller was sitting on the edge of his bed, watching Elmo and thoroughly enjoying himself.

Tonight, Keller went into his bed with no problems. He's currently singing "Old MacDonald" as I write this. But he seems happy and we're very hopeful that he will transition smoothly to his new sleeping arrangements.

UPDATE: Ok, so maybe all is not completely well. An hour after we put him to sleep, he was still up and crying. I had to go in there and give him some love. He was cold (I gave him another blanket), he wanted the light on (I turned the light in the hallway on), he wanted me to sit with him, so I did. I sat for a little while and then left him to go to sleep. I hope he does! I really hope this doesn't happen every night!

No comments: