Thursday, May 8, 2008

Obsession

Oh my God! I have got serious problems.

Anyone that knows me, knows I tend to have a bit of an obsessive personality. All right, maybe it's more than "a bit." When I decide that I love something or am really into it, I have the tendency to go a little nuts. Let's go over some of my most recent obsessions: earrings, lip stick, hair bands, juicing, salad (yes, salad), getting a haircut and what that would entail, anything that has to do with my child, makeup (that was expensive), dresses, and so on. I have had little mini-obsessions recently. Nothing to really tell anyone about. I had a brief obsession with lip balm recently only because I developed an allergic reaction to my current one. But I think that's worked itself out. I was obsessed with podcasts for a little while because I listen to them on the bus. I LOVE Ricky Gervais' podcast. I love him. I was obsessed with these Nike running capris for about a week or so. I bought 1 pair when we were in San Diego in January. I loved them so much, I bought 3 more pairs back in April. Then we were at the outlets last weekend and I was about to buy some more and John looked at me like I was crazy. Like you can talk, buster.

But now I feel like I have these fleeting obsessions throughout the day. So, I'll be sitting at my desk at work and have this insane thought about how I absolutely HAVE to go find a shoe store and buy a new pair of shoes. I mean, right now. And then, strangely, it passes. And I feel a little tired after it. What the hell?

Isn't that what happens to drug addicts? Don't they have an intense urge to get high, then they get high, and then they crash and are tired? Does this mean I'm addicted to being obsessed? Seriously, I'm a little scared about this. I sound like a lunatic.

In case you haven't noticed, the latest obsession is this blog. When something happens to me or crosses my mind, I think about how it would be a great blog topic. I sit and think up blog post titles. I had a brief thought that every single blog post title would be the title of a Beatles' song. Like this one was going to be 'Helter Skelter.' But then I figured people would get sick of that.

That's really all I had to say on the topic. I'm hoping that I don't spiral out of control, running out of my office screaming that I absolutely HAVE to go to the store and buy their entire stock of some random item like paper plates. Hmmm....

No comments: