Friday, June 13, 2008

Dazed and Confused

I'm tired.

On the way into work this morning, about 800 blog topics were popping in my head. It's not that I have so much to say, it's more like fleeting thoughts that I should write down because I bet other people have them too.

Like, have you ever eaten a meal that left you so satisfied afterwards? Generally, I'm a pretty healthy eater. I try to eat as well as I can. But sometimes I just need something bad for me. I stopped at Chick-fil-A on the way to work for breakfast. Have I told you how great their breakfasts are? Well, this morning I had chicken and cheese on a multi-grain bagel. YUM! I mean, really YUM! I was so happy afterwards. Who knew chicken for breakfast could be so good?

Another thought: Sometimes you just have to say, "screw it" and go shopping. I was so down yesterday with everything that is going on that I just went to DSW and bought shoes. I wouldn't say I have a shoe fetish, but I really like having a lot of shoes. It comforts me for some reason. I just like having options. We could go on an overnight trip and I'll bring 4 pairs of shoes with me. You never know what kind of shoes a situation calls for. You need to be prepared.

Another thought: Sleeping on the couch with the TV on does not allow for a restful night. Last night, I had my book club and got home around 11 or so. I wasn't sleepy yet, surprisingly, so I sat on the couch to watch TV. Well, I fell asleep. I kept waking up to strange TV throughout the night. Who knew Access Hollywood was on at 3:00 in the morning? I woke up to some story about Brad Pitt's new tattoo that Angelina drew. I thought I was dreaming. So I starting wondering why I was dreaming about Brad Pitt and tattoos before I realized it was the TV. It was really weird. You'd think I'd go up to bed, or at least turn the TV off. No. I just rolled around a little and went back to sleep only to wake up to the Early Today show. Why do news people deliver the news as if the world is about to end? Oh, the drama! Really, if I was a foreigner here in the US watching the news, I would think the world was about to end with the way the news people tell horror story after horror story. There has got to be some good news out there somewhere.

We are traveling yet again tonight. We're going back to Williamsburg for our niece's high school graduation tomorrow morning. I'm thinking we should just sell the house and everything in it and live in our car with the amount of time we've been in it lately.

No comments: