Sunday, June 15, 2008

Papa Was A Rolling Stone

Even though I'm not a father, I think today was a pretty good Father's Day.

John and Keller went down to Williamsburg for Brittany's graduation Friday night. I didn't go because I had a really bad headache that was making it hard for me to see and hear. I felt pretty bad about missing the graduation, but sometimes health comes first, you know?

Anyway, John and Keller got home late Saturday night, after I had gone to bed. So, when we woke up this morning, it was a fun little mini-reunion. Keller gave John the card he colored and we gave him the gift certificate to Performance Bikes so he could get the bike helmet he's been wanting. He was pretty happy about that. After cards and gifts, John went on a nice bike ride. Apparently, he ran over a squirrel. It just ran out into the street. But he said it seemed like it wasn't hurt. I kind of wish I could have seen that.

In the meantime, Keller and I went to Starbucks. I got my non-fat latte and breakfast sandwich and he got his fruit and milk. It was a nice breakfast.

After Starbucks, we came home and gave Bee-ba (my dad) a call. They were enjoying breakfast. My brother and sister-in-law were coming over for a cook out this afternoon. It's times like this I wish we lived closer. I would have loved to spend the day with my dad and everyone. Anyway, after we got off the phone, we got ready for the pool. First, we went on a run and then headed over to the pool. I haven't pushed Keller in the jog stroller in a very long time. The stroller is 20 pounds, Keller is well over 30 pounds, plus all the crap I had to bring to the pool was stuffed in the stroller. Those 3 miles were hard! I had to make up a crazy route so we could get the 3 miles in without passing the pool. Keller would have cried if we ran by the pool and didn't go in. But we made it, eventually. We passed John on our run as he was heading back home. He was going to clean up and meet us there.

We met the Gies and Ronick families at the pool. Keller, Noah and Maya have such a great time together. We were there forever. Apparently, Keller gets pretty cold in the water because he was shivering after a while. The water wasn't cold and the air temperature was nice, so I don't know why he was so cold. Once his little lips turned a shade of blue, we knew it was time to go home.

We got home and had some lunch. Keller then went down for a nap. And so did John and I. We were pretty exhausted. Once everyone was up, we had a nice steak dinner with yummy potato salad and mixed greens. Yum!

I think John had a good day. He got to do his own thing and spend time with the family. And take a nap! Any day you can take a nap is a good day, in my book.

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there!

No comments: