Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The Girl Can't Help It

Yesterday I was all crying about how no one is reading this blog because I'm boring. Well, let's just discuss what has gone on in the last 19 or so hours since I wrote that post.

As I'm getting ready to leave work yesterday, another huge ass thunderstorm rolls through downtown Bethesda. Now, I was planning on walking over to the Metro because I had a haircut appointment and didn't want to drive there. My boss offers to drive me to the Metro and that's taken care of. We get to the Metro and I proceed to walk over to the escalators and because everything is wet, I slip and nearly fall and crack my head open. I didn't fall, which would have just been awesome, but I'm sure the jerky arms and legs were a sight.

I get to the haircut appointment at PR@Partners at the Mazza Gallerie about 10 minutes late, which wasn't too bad. I saw Olivia, who did an awesome job. She did exactly what I wanted and I'm happy.

As I'm leaving, it begins to storm again, so my pretty haircut was going to get ruined. The receptionist actually asked me if I wanted a shower cap, which would have been hilarious. I declined and managed to run over to the Metro without getting soaked.

I finally get to my car in Bethesda and then proceed to sit in traffic on 270 for about 45 minutes. Why? Because there was an accident on the OTHER side of 270. You know, in the opposite direction that I was going. You gotta love that.

We had a pretty uneventful evening of boiling water so we don't die from the contamination due to the water main break. And then the routine started all over again this morning. As I'm driving into work, I again sit in traffic due to another accident. At least this one was in the same direction I was traveling. Oh well, late for work again.

I listen to Elliot in the Morning on DC101 on my way to work. I don't know why, but that crazy dude makes me laugh. Anyway, they are talking about a show Elliot had seen about sleep deprivation and if you get less than 7 or 8 hours of sleep a night, you are basically ruining your health. I hear that. There has been tons of research on how important sleep is. But that still doesn't mean I get enough. Elliot goes on to say how too little sleep affects your memory, reaction time, libido, etc. Nothing too earth shattering. They also posed the question that, if you could take a pill that mimicked the effects of 8 hours of sleep, but didn't actually have to get into the bed and sleep, would you take it? Um, let me think...YES.

I get into work and get things rolling on my day. I close my office door and start to put on my makeup. Before you judge me, I close the door and put it on as inconspicuously as possible. Hey, it helps me get to work on time and it's better than those other women that put it on while they're driving. Anyhoo, I'm putting on my beautiful, delicious Bare Minerals eye shadow when the unspeakable happens. Now, this eye shadow is a fine, glorious powder that comes in this little tub. Well, I dropped the tub of my favorite shadow, Bubbly, all over the floor and my cute blue pants. I guess me not getting enough sleep slowed my reaction time. It was all in slow motion: me bumping the little tub, it flipping in the air, the powder flowing everywhere, me yelling, "That did not just happen." Thankfully the door was closed, because it was really a mess. It was everywhere. This kind of crap only happens to me. But I got it all cleaned up and nobody knew the difference. Then one of my bosses, who didn't know I was here, opened the door to return something to my desk and I freaked her out. I thought she was going to faint.

It's been an eventful morning! Don't forget to vote in the poll!

No comments: