Monday, June 16, 2008

Where Have All The Cowboys Gone?

All right, people.

I realize this blog hasn't exactly been the most exciting thing in the world. But I'm trying. I put a poll on the site. Doesn't that count for something? Where the hell are ya?

Things in my neck of the woods have been pretty damn depressing. Let's face it, they've sucked. Too much death for my taste. But aside from that, I am always wondering if the things I would like to write about are all that interesting for anyone reading.

Like today, there was a water main break in Montgomery County and the whole freaking county has gone bananas. They've closed all the government buildings, one of which houses Keller's school, as well as put water-use restrictions out, and they've issued a water-boil advisory. You have to boil the water for a minute and then use it for anything that would cause you to consume the water. So, brushing your teeth, cooking, washing dishes, etc. But we're actually not allowed to do any of those things because of the water-use restrictions.

Almost all of the people in my office live in Prince George's or Anne Arundel County. They don't have any water problems right now. So, tomorrow, when I show up un-showered without my teeth brushed, I wonder what they'll think. Thank goodness for those Noxema wipes that don't require water.

I was reading the article on the Washington Post's website and the comments people are leaving are hysterical. Seriously, people have way too much time on their hands. Some people are basically saying that because MoCo is a rich county, it almost serves us right that we now have to boil our water before we drink it. Like Sharon Stone's karma comment. Also, we should stop bitching because there are people without clean water in third-world countries, blah blah blah. Look, I know that there are people worse off than us. But it's still a giant pain in the ass to deal with this whole thing. I'm not saying "why me" or anything. But I'd rather not have to deal with it, you know?

On another completely different note, Keller is at the point in his development where he will say things that are going to embarrass the hell out of me. For instance, yesterday morning, I happened to pass some gas (oh, like you don't) and he told me to stop pooping. Ha! Then, later in the day, we were at the pool and I got out of the water. You know how when you get out of the water, the water is dripping off of your body and legs and stuff? Well, Keller saw the water dripping off my legs and he said, out loud I might add, that I was pee pee-ing. Nice. Now everyone thinks I was peeing in the pool. Great.

There you go. Two extremely exciting stories from my life. Now vote in the poll!

No comments: