Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Can I Get A Woop Woop

Ok, so the posts lately have been a little on the down side. What do you expect? It's been a shitty time for us. But now let's turn things over and try to lighten the place up.

I wanted to give you a funny image to think about. But first, there's some background to cover. When we got our Pilot, it came with a 3-month trial subscription to XM Radio. Well, 3 months is just long enough to get completely hooked on something and wonder how you ever got by without it. It's really a very good business model on the part of XM Radio. But I digress. Our trial period ended on June 30. I wasn't sure if I was going to renew it simply because it's another expense that's just not necessary. But then, after a few days of not having it and having to listen to *gasp* regular radio, I changed my mind. Sure, I can listen to my iPod or CDs, but I get really bored of my music sometimes and need a break. Plus, I absolutely fell in love with the U-Pop station. It's music from all over the place, and it's so much fun. It's the pop heard round the world as they like to say.

Anyhoo, I set up our account and we were ready to go. But nothing came through that first day. I thought we just needed time for the account to go through or whatever. Day 2: no U-Pop. Day 3: no U-Pop. Day 4...you get the idea. Finally, I called and we had to refresh the signal to our radio and then tune it to a particular station for 15-20 minutes so it could receive the signal. Fine. So, I had that done while I was at work yesterday so that when I drove home, I could get the signal. By the time I got home, I thought we were good to go. Nope.

I was home really late because I had the 5K planning meeting until 9 PM and John needed to go on a run as soon as I got home. So, because I was now obsessed with getting this stupid thing back up, I had to figure out a way to do it but not leave the house. I went inside and got a new signal sent to the radio (you can also do it online). I went out to the car and turned the radio to the special station and let it sit. I went back inside so I could hear if Keller woke up at all. Then I started getting paranoid about the car being open and someone stealing my car. I ran back and forth between the house and the car for a couple of minutes. I was also cooking dinner at this time, so I couldn't leave the stove either. Finally, dinner was ready so I took my plate and sat in the car and ate dinner. I would run inside every minute or so to make sure Keller wasn't waking up. I was hoping John didn't come home so I wouldn't have to explain the lunacy.

But, after 20 minutes I had U-Pop! Yay! And one of my new favorite songs happened to be on: Shake It by Metro Station. Double Yay!

Oh, the things we do for love...

No comments: