Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I Love You More Today Than Yesterday (But Not As Much As Tomorrow)

I cannot believe I haven't written a post in almost a week! What's up with that? It's not like I don't have 800 things I would like to write about. I'll try to give some updates without having this post be 12 pages long.

Let's see, we left off last Wednesday with the reinstatement of XM Radio. I've been enjoying it very much. In fact, today marks the new "30 Days of Coldplay" channel. I am thoroughly enjoying that. I think I may have a teensy crush on Chris Martin. But that's for another day.

The end of last week was boring but the weekend was good. We saw friends, went to a friend's 40th b-day party. We went to the Eastern Shore of Maryland and hung out with friends. It was a nice weekend. John had to go out of town on Monday. His flight left at the butt-crack of dawn, which is about 6:45 AM. He was up at 3:00 I think. I have been solo since then. Everything went well for the most part, but I'm exhausted. Quite honestly, I'm just spent. I feel bad because I haven't run in the last couple of days, but I don't know how I could have. Oh well. Regardless, Keller has been the model child the entire time and I can't complain about that. In fact, I think I've fallen a bit more in love with him everyday, if that was even possible. Hence today's post title! :)

I do have one funny story with Keller. For some reason, I still get a kick out of what he says, even though it's really not that funny. Well, it is to me. Anyway, I was getting ready for work this morning and he was downstairs playing. I called down to him to see how he was doing. Here is the conversation:

Me: "Keller, how are you doing?"
Keller: "What?"
Me: Hee. "How are you doing"
Keller: "I'm fine."
Me: "Ok, thanks."
Keller: "Yeah."

Ha! Is that not a hysterical conversation to have with a 2-year old? I just think it's great.

So, onto other things. I have discovered a new obsession. Jojoba oil. Yes, you read that right. When we were in NY last, my sister-in-law mentioned how she has been using jojoba oil on her nails to help with dry cuticles and splitting nails, etc. I thought I'd give it a try. I was at Trader Joe's the other day and picked up the last bottle (it was fate!) and my world has been rocked. I used it on my nails and it's definitely nice. But I was reading the uses listed on the back of the bottle and it says it's great for just about anything skin, hair, scalp related. So, I've been putting it on my hair at night. And I've been putting it on my skin at night as well. I must say, my skin looks nicer and my hair is very fluffy. I'm somewhat tempted to see what else this magical little oil can do. Much like the dad in My Big Fat Greek Wedding with his Windex, I will use jojoba oil on everything!

Lastly, I'd like to mention that I'd like to see Mamma Mia! the movie. I love ABBA. In fact, I tried to get John to refer to me as "Jennifer the Dancing Queen." It was early on in our relationship and he wasn't really into it. But I am a Dancing Queen. Anyway, I never saw the musical Mamma Mia, and I didn't know there was going to be a movie until a friend of mine mentioned it. Actually she said, as she was leaving the party we were at, "Let's go to Mamma Mia." I just thought she was referring to the musical and kind of thought she was crazy. I mean, it's been around for a while, so why all of a sudden are we going? But there is a movie. And Meryl Streep will be in it! And she sings. I saw her on the Today show this morning and she was so into it. I love anything that people are actually passionate about. And it's ABBA. Come on!

You so singing ABBA right now...

You are a Dancing Queen.
Young and sweet.
Only 17 (oh yeah).

No comments: