Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I'm free

I feel like the last two weeks have been such a whirlwind. Between everything going on with my mom, with Keller's school, and life in general, I'm just spent. But now that things are starting to fall into place, I'm feeling better.

We found a school for Keller and he'll begin on August 25th. Yay! I can't wait, I think he'll love it. We decided on that before the long weekend, so we were able to enjoy ourselves with that huge weight off our shoulders.

The weekend itself was very fun. For the 4th, we went over to the Gies' house for a cookout. The kids were chaotic, which is always interesting. Keller actually stayed up to see the fireworks off our deck. We also saw a deer and Keller asked if he could tickle him, which was too cute.

Saturday we did a whole lot of nothing. I did my long run in the morning, when I got back, John went on his bike ride. Keller took a long nap (and I did too). Once everyone got up, we went over to Eric and Isabel's for another cookout. They just got the Wii game thing and we played that for a while. My back was sore the following day! But it was seriously fun.

Sunday we went to the Baltimore Aquarium with the Gies and Fiery families. That was fun. We walked around for about an hour and then went to the dolphin show. Keller loved the dolphins. He was enthralled the entire time. He actually sat still for 30 minutes! In fact, all three boys, Keller, Noah, and Landon, sat still. We all went out to lunch and then home for a long nap. After we got up, we headed over to the Silberman's for another cookout. Keller and Ava have a great time together.

It was such a nice weekend with friends. I love weekends like that. Seriously, why isn't every weekend and three-day weekend?

No comments: