Monday, July 28, 2008

Two Tickets to Paradise

Part of the post-race festivities for the NYC Half Marathon was a free Jamba Juice for all runners. I LOVE Jamba Juice. I first discovered this little gem in Arizona and have not had the pleasure of having a JJ in my residential area for a very long time. There was a JJ on the campus of GW, so the years spent in graduate school were made slightly better when I could get a nice, cool JJ for lunch or something.

Jamba Juice is delicousness. It is fresh fruit juiced and usually slushied so you're having a wonderfully healthy smoothie. You can add things to it to make it even better such as protein powder or fiber powder, and basically make it into a meal, which is often what I did. Yum!

Well, after the race and after my dear friend Kate was taken to the hospital, we didn't know what to do. So, we passed the time waiting to hear from Paul, Kate's husband, by making our way over to the post-race festivities and the Jamba Juice tent. I had been looking forward to a smoothie for the latter-half of the race. In fact, it was the only thing motivating me for a while. Even with the nausea, I wanted that freaking smoothie. We get over to the tent and, like a slap in the face, we're told they're out of smoothies. WTF? Someone should be fired for poor planning. But they gave us some coupons for free Jamba Juice.

We had two wonderful coupons for Jamba Juice and we were going to redeem those things if it killed us. My parents and Keller came into the city in the morning and we were walking around doing some shopping. My mom took Keller for a little walk so he could take a nap and my dad and I went to JJ to collect the goods. I could list all the wonderful yumminess that was contained in each of our smoothies, but I won't. I just will say that it was well worth the wait!

No comments: