Thursday, July 31, 2008

We are family

Last night I had some running to do but didn’t want to do it in the sultry weather. I choose the word ‘sultry’ because the morning weatherman on NBC4 (Tom Kierien) uses that word. I enjoy that word a lot but I think it’s weird that he uses it to describe the weather in the morning. It’s more of an evening weather word. Anyway...

I was watching Jon and Kate Plus 8 while I was running. I had 8 miles to do, so I ended up watching close to 3 episodes. That show is hysterical. If you don’t know what it’s about, this couple (Jon and Kate) had twin daughters and then, when they were trying for ONE more baby, they ended up with 6. So, now they have 8 children. Could you imagine? I know they gets lots of help and a lot of things are donated, but at the end of the day they still have 8 children.

The episodes I watched were the ones where the older twin girls start taking music lessons, the one where they all go to Sesame Place (an amusement park like Disney only with a Sesame Street theme), and the one where they go to the Crayola Factory. The music lessons one was boring, but the other two, whew! Could you imagine going to a theme park with 8 children? They had a nanny help them when they went to Sesame Place, but still. That’s an awful lot of work. We haven’t even tried to bring Keller to a theme park yet because I’m afraid of how it would go. I guess I should suck it up because I saw the episode where the family went to Disneyworld, and now they went to Sesame Place. Jon and Kate, you’re making it hard on the rest of us!

Maybe John and I should have sextuplets so we can have lots of help and a TV show. I can't even joke about something like that.

No comments: