Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Groovy Tuesday

Well, it isn't, but there aren't very many songs about Tuesdays. And that is definitely the theme of the day.

I hate Tuesdays. And this one is no different. I am currently working on the bi-annual newsletter the organization for which I'm a contractor puts out. This is a newsletter that contains all the latest and greatest news on obesity, nutrition, physical activity, diabetes, and other exciting things. I have been muddling through the statistics just recently put out by the CDC and I kind of want to cry. Not only do I want to cry because there are 24 million people living with diabetes in the US, but I also want to cry because my head is throbbing and my eyes want to pop out of my head.

I woke up with a nasty headache this morning. And I don't even have a night of drinking to blame on it. I don't know what the deal is. But I'm not the only one because many of my coworkers are complaining of headaches today. I wonder if someone is trying to kill us. There has been talk that my company is lacking in direction, but solving its problems by killing its employees? That seems a bit extreme. But if I suddenly drop dead, you'll know where to look first.

So, Keller is a genius. And I mean that in the most objective way possible. He's been learning how to spell words! John and Keller have been spelling words in the morning. I mean, they're not spelling words like "surreptitiously," it's more like "dog" and "cat." But the kid's not even three and he has an interest in spelling. I am a proud Mama. Though he was rather rude to me this morning. He and John were spelling together and sitting on the couch. I sat down and Keller, of course, told me to get up. But he said it very loudly. Because of my aching head, I asked him not to speak so loudly. He then whispered, "Get up, Mama." Nice. At least he listened to me.

And that, my friends, pretty much sums up how I feel today. Happy Tuesday, people.

No comments: