Monday, August 18, 2008

Here Comes the Sun

Today was the first test-run at Keller's new school. I think it went well.

When we first got there he was a little hesitant and wanted me to hold him, but he warmed up to everyone really quickly. He loved all the colorful things on the walls and the numbers, letters, pictures, etc. they have everywhere. He was a little hard to manage because he was having so much fun exploring everything.

His absolute favorite thing was the playground. They have this really cool playground with a spongy floor so if the kids fall, they don't get hurt. Which is a welcome thing for my clumsy child. There is also this piano thing attached to the playground that he loved. He belted out a mean Twinkle Twinkle and a great version of the ABC song. My little Paul McCartney is on his way.

So, I think overall, it went well. We were only there for 2 hours, but I think doing that all week will definitely get him familiar with the place. I mean, things will change once the new school year starts on the 25th, but at least the act of going there, what the place looks like, and the teacher, and some of the students will be familiar. That's really the important thing.

Things are looking up for us! Let's hope they continue going up! Happy Monday!

No comments: