Monday, August 25, 2008

I can't believe it's been almost a week since I've updated my blog. I guess with not being at work all week, I just didn't have the time to post. Ha ha!

Overall, the week was good. But it flew by. My parents came into town Tuesday afternoon, so that was nice to have them all week.

The main objective was to get Keller familiar with his new school. And I definitely think we accomplished that. We went every morning and he met his new teachers and they really liked him. I tried to talk everyone up as much as possible outside of school so he would start remembering everyone's names and stuff. I think that helped too. When we brought him this morning, his first full day, he wanted to play. I was happy that he wasn't clinging to either one of us. Hopefully that will continue.

Having my parents here this week allowed for me and John to have some adult time. We went out to dinner with Eric and Isabel Friday night and then Saturday night was Mary's 30th birthday party. And there's no reason to feel guilty because my parents had so much time with Keller all week. When they left on Sunday, he was really upset. So we went out with friends to distract him. We really had a great weekend of time with friends. Sunday morning we went out for brunch with the Gies and Silberman families, then we met Chad, Tamrya and Preston (the Porter family) for dinner. I absolutely love having weekends loaded with friend time.

And now I'm back at work. I have a lot to catch up on. Should be a fun week! But this weekend is Labor Day weekend and we're heading down to VA Beach for the Rock and Roll Half Marathon. I'm actually looking forward to it. Mainly because I get a mini-taper and only have to run 13 miles this weekend instead of 20! Yay!

No comments: