Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Welcome to the Jungle

I have come to the conclusion that all you have to do to find interesting things in the world is leave the house.

I'll start with last night. I got my haircut at yet another new studio. And the woman that cut my hair was very nice and I think I'll go back to her. But she was really short and when she was styling the top of my head, she couldn't reach it. Even with the chair all the way down. So, I had to slide down in the chair. I was basically falling off the chair. It was pretty amusing.

Then this morning I was out on my run with Connie. Because we essentially live in the same general neighborhood, we kind of run to each other and then run a route together. Before I met her, I was running along and this bunny was on the sidewalk. It didn't flee as bunnies normally do, but it was hopping along next to me for a little bit. I've never had a bunny as a running partner before.

On a side note, the weather was gorgeous this morning. It's days like this that make running wonderful. I think that, if you're not a runner, go for a little run on a cool morning like this and you'll be converted to a runner in an instant.

Anyway, once Connie and I met, we were running along and two deer came out of no where and were running straight at us. It scared the crap out of me. I jumped into Connie and grabbed her arm and screamed a little. I can't help it if I'm easily scared. My coworker scared me the other day because I was in the zone and she started asking me a question and it totally freaked me out. But that's another story.

The deer incident was about a mile into our run. So, we continued on and turned around after another mile. Then, as we approached the area where we saw the deer, we were at about 3 miles, so this was about 15-20 minutes later from when we saw the deer. Well, there they were again. Running full speed across the street. What the hell? This neighborhood has some crazy ass deer tearing through it.

After Connie and I parted ways, I was on my way back and my bunny friend was still hanging out where I saw him the first time. Do things like this normally happen? Ususally when I see some creature out in the woods or something they scurry off and I never see them again. But two incidents of animals sticking around? That's just strange.

Then, I get to the parking garage I park in near my office and I'm walking to the stairs and this poor very pregnant woman is also walking to the stairs. As I get closer to her, I hear her moaning and I see she's holding her belly. I mean, she looked like she was having 5 babies. I looked at her sympathetically and said something along the lines of 'poor thing' and all she said was "8 more weeks." She already looked like she was going to pop. Poor thing indeed.

So all of this happened to me by 7:30 AM. Pretty crazy, huh?

No comments: