Wednesday, September 3, 2008

All Summer Long

I'm driving to work this morning and this song by Kid Rock comes on. In case you're living under a rock and you listen to the radio during the minute or so a day that they don't play this song, it's a song about good ol' Kid's summertime shenanigans.

It got me to thinking about life back in the day. You know, when there is little responsibility and you can just live day by day. When does that change? Is it with college graduation and entering the "real world?" I don't think so because I had a lot more fun after college than I did in college, and I went to a party school. Don't get me wrong, I had a blast in college, and have the scars to prove it. But my 20s were a whole different ball game. Anyway....

Does the responsibility come with marriage? Owning a house? A baby? Well, definitely a baby. But why do these things prevent you from living a carefree life? And I don't mean a "I don't give a sh*t about anything" life. I mean a "I love life and will live for the moment!" life. Wouldn't it be better to live a life that you enjoy rather than just trying to get by? Of course. No one just wants to get by. But somehow along the way that's what happens.

I don't really want to get by. I want to break free, as Freddie Mercury once said. Oh man, I am so corny today. I'm living for the moment and having a good time. Damn it.

No comments: