Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dance this Mess Around

I am what you call a "hot mess."

The book I just finished by Chelsea Handler was pretty funny. Anyway, she coined the term 'hot mess' to describe anyone and anything that is just not doing well. And I am that today.

I haven't been sleeping well. My runs yesterday and this morning sucked. I don't know what the deal is. I just can't get things together. It took every last ounce of energy to get myself to work this morning. I really want to go back to bed. In fact, I think I may leave early. I am just not myself today.

I am looking forward to this weekend. My parents will be in town and it's Keller's birthday next Monday. So we're having his party on Sunday. I can't wait. And what's really exciting is that he gets it. He knows it's his birthday and he knows he's having a party. I hope it's fun. I'm sure it will be, but I always worry about whether or not people are having fun.

We're having it at Andy's Parties, where they do everything for you. You just show up. We're having a safari theme since Keller loves animals so much. The kids will get little safari hats and go on a safari hunt to find little toy animals, which they get to keep. There are other games and stuff, including a big lion pinata. I think they'll all have a great time. And I don't have to do any of the work, which is the best part.

Ok, I need to get myself through this day. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

No comments: