Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm Yours

Today is our 7th wedding anniversary.

I know in the grand scheme of life, 7 years isn't really that long, but it's a pretty long time for people our age. I can only think of one couple of our friends that have been married longer.

It's so weird to think that John and I have known each other for 10 years. We met in 1998 but didn't start dating until 1999 (well, New Year's eve).

For those of you that don't know the story, we used to work together. We were never on the same team in the lab where we worked, but we worked in generally the same area. So we saw each other all the time. And me being the flirt I am, and John being the shy guy he is, I was constantly flirting with him and completely embarrassing him. It was pretty fun.

A lot of the people we worked with were young and we'd all go to happy hours or parties at someone's house. So, John and I would often end up at the same bar or club and I would flirt endlessly and he would be bashful. I guess he was playing hard to get.

Then New Year's eve (1998 into 1999) was the turning point. We kissed after the ball dropped and John kept saying, "You know this changes everything." Well, I guess it did.

So here we are in 2008. We have been through so much, both good and bad, and it's been a thrill. I can't imagine spending my life with anyone else.

Here's to 70 more. :)

Amor vicit omnis.

1 comment:

jgill said...

Dido babe. It's been the best 7 of my life!