Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Freak Out!

Ok, so I'm having anxiety.

Now that John's race is over and we're back in the real world, I'm starting to freak out. I have a lot of crap to do and I have my own race in less than two weeks. Isn't this supposed to be my taper time?

Last night, I had to renew my CPR certification. In all the years I've been getting my CPR certification, this was the best class. We were done in 3 hours and there's no test anymore! Yippy. And I think by now, I actually feel confident that I could perform CPR and actually remember what to do. I know that sounds terrible, but everyone I know that has their certification, myself included, always says that in the class, they rock, but would they know what to do if it happened in real life? I think I'm ready. Though I really don't want to test it out.

There were only 3 of us in the class. Me and two old biddies. Seriously, they were just not getting it and we were actually done late because they just weren't getting it. One of them even claimed her mouth was getting bruised from practicing the rescue breathing. Seriously. When she was pointing it out to me, I told her I didn't see anything. Which I didn't. She was just one of those women. The awesome instructor, who had to be the most patient woman on the planet, was getting frustrated. And I was bored. I have to say I hope I never collapse around those two. I'd die for sure.

Anyway, my Beginning 5K Program starts tomorrow. I'm actually looking forward to meeting everyone and helping them reach their goals. I just am a bit overwhelmed because I just have a really busy week and I am hoping I'm able to get everything prepared for them before tomorrow.

By the way, election day is in a little over a month. You better vote. I'll try not to get too political here, but it's more important than ever to vote this year. I'm pretty sure you all know who I'm voting for. We have to be the change we believe in, people.

No comments: