Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Hot in Herre

I just checked the weather for Chicago on Sunday. It's going to be hot. It will be about 60 at the start, which is manageable, but there is a high of 79 predicted. Are you kidding me?

I have been waiting and hoping this race would be THE race of the year. I haven't had the best of luck in my races this year. I had an awesome Pike's Peek, which is at the end of April. But then Frederick Marathon was ugly (it was hot and my stomach didn't like it). The the NYC Half Marathon was ugly (too hot), and then Virginia Beach was ugly (too hot). Are you sensing a pattern here? I don't like to run in the heat.

So, I'm now feeling nervous. I was feeling excited and couldn't wait and blah blah blah. But now I'm starting to feel my nerves. It's going to be a mental race now. I just have to tell myself I've gotten through worse. If any of you know my Walt Disney World Marathon story, you'll know what I'm talking about.

It seems that I've gotten my stomach issues under control. And, on paper, I know how to run in the heat. Therefore, in theory, I should be all right. Here's hoping.

Send your good vibes, because I'll need them!

2 comments:

jgill said...

Given that you will be done in 3:30, the heat really won't matter!

Run with Sole said...

Yeah, in my dreams!!