Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Old Brown Shoe

I need to be very depressing at the moment. Cut me some slack, I haven't written anything depressing in a long time.

I have finally reached my limit. I am completely spent. I have been going a mile a minute for months now and I literally feel like I can't move a single step further.

It all just kind of hit me today. I've been feeling stressed and overwhelmed for a while, but I kind of just deflated today. Things have been hectic and hard for us all year, but by late August, things kind of evened out. Keller had settled into his new school, my mom's health was in check, my own health scare was worked out, and I was able to cut my hours at work. But since then, it has just been building in momentum.

Since the beginning of September, we've celebrated Keller's birthday and had his party, John did his race so we traveled there, I did my race so we traveled there, we went to Sesame Place, I've had two running groups start, I started writing for the D.C. Examiner (which I love), and I fit 40 hours of work into 25 hours every week. And those are just the big things. I'm not even counting the other 800 things we have been doing in between everything.

I'm not trying to sing a woe is me song. As all of this was going on, it was just life. I was just going through the motions. But it just all hit me today. I feel disconnected from everything and I had to just come home today and lay down. I had a mile long list of things to do but I just had to put it all on hold for a little while. It didn't really help.

I don't really have much of a point here. I guess I just needed to get it out, maybe rationalize why I feel the way I do. I know I'll feel better soon. I need a couple of nights of good sleep and things to just slow down. While I don't think I can get things to slow down, I can at least go to bed early.

Tomorrow is another day...

No comments: