Monday, October 20, 2008

Walking on Sunshine

It seems as though our trip to Sesame Place was a success. Keller had a blast and that was the goal.

It kind of started as a comedy of errors. When we got to the hotel in PA, my parents were already there and had told me what room we were staying in. Apparently I didn't hear them, and while John was parking the car, Keller (who was sleeping and waking up) and I were trying to open someone else's room. This wouldn't be a big deal except it was about 10:30 at night. They were asleep and got out of bed! But I wasn't off by too much because we were staying in the room next door. Thankfully I didn't see the woman that answered the door again or I would have been mortified!

Then, as we were filling up the air mattress, the motor on the thing died. So, I ended up sleeping on the very hard hotel floor. See, we brought the air mattress for Keller to sleep on. Obviously, I wasn't going to let my child sleep on the floor, so John slept with him in the bed and I was on the floor. It was quite uncomfortable and my back has been messed up since then. Nothing like running a marathon one weekend, having a sick baby in addition to a nonstop busy week and then sleeping on the floor the next weekend. It will be a wonder if I ever feel recovered from this race.

By the time Saturday came around, we were ready to go to Sesame Place. When we got there, we had to go through the Fort Knox security at the front gate: they finger print you in addition to scanning your name and admission ticket. Ok. Because that's necessary. And my mom, who apparently could double as an assassin, didn't have a readble finger print.

When we got through the hoopla of the front gate, it was go time. They were having trick-or-treating throughout the park, so we promptly got our bag and started. We went through a corn/hay maze a few times. We then played in the game area for a while and won a stuffed penguin, an Ernie basketball and a little stuffed white seal that we named Wally. Keller actually won that one himself, and has taken quite a love to it.

At 12:30 we enjoyed an hour-long lunch with Big Bird, Elmo, Bert, Ernie, Zoe, and the Count. Keller was in heaven. Truly. He had a great time. When he met the Count, he promptly showed him how he could count by putting his fingers up into the Count's face. It was priceless.

After lunch, we walked around some more and then headed back to the hotel for naps. Then it was to Red Robin for dinner. That is always good.

Sunday morning, we enjoyed a wonderful breakfast back at the park with Big Bird, Elmo, Bert, Ernie, and Zoe. Again, Keller was in heaven.

After breakfast, we walked around some, played on some slides, found the trick or treating candy spots, and just enjoyed the chilly Fall day. We heard that Cookie Monster was going to make an appearance, so we stuck around. Then, finally, at 1:30, there he was! I was quite excited, though Keller had fallen asleep by then. Oh well. At least I got my picture with him. :) You can't beat Cookie Monster.

After hanging with CM, we headed out. We said goodbye to my parents and started back home. The trip home was uneventful and we got home at about 5:00. I am so glad to be home. While it was fun and Keller had a great time, I am pooped! As it turned out, I didn't sleep well again last night and still have not been able to get a good post-marathon night's sleep.

And now it's back to the real world. This week will be just as busy. Client meetings, deadlines, etc. Not looking forward to it. I am looking forward to my 8K Training Group starting tonight. That will be fun!!

Happy Monday.

No comments: