Sunday, December 14, 2008

Bust a Move

I am currently sitting in the Van Ness Metro station. They are doing track work so I have a 20 minute delay here. Yay me.

This weekend was super busy. I went out with the girls Friday night for Allison's birthday. That was fun. Then I coached Saturday morning. That was good too. We then headed down to Richmond to Mendy's. She was having Cameron's birthday party. He actually turns three on the 22nd but had his party early. That was a lot of fun.

You know, whenever we go down there I always want to live there. Just because things seem so much more relaxed and life just isn't a big deal. I don't understand why it's that way here. I guess because it's the nation's capital or something. But I would much rather live in a more low key environment. Too bad we couldn't find jobs for ourselves in Montana.

Anyway, this morning my 8K group had their race. It went very well for them. I was the proud mama at the finish line again. All my runners always make me feel proud no matter what they do. They're out there working and that is more than what most people do. They are all rock stars in my book.

After the race I had my bookclub holiday lunch at Black Market Bistro. That was yummy. Even though it's "bookclub" it's really just my girls getting together. And it was as fun as usual.

Then it was off to a client meeting in DC. Which is how I ended up in my current situation. I really love going into DC and all but it is such a pain in the butt to get in and out of the city.

Well, that's that. Tomorrow is another Monday that I'm not looking forward to. But it will be Christmas soon enough and time off will be here.

Happy day to all of you. Hopefully I'll be out of this stupid Metro station soon.

No comments: