Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Weird Science

According to accuweather.com, it's currently 68 degrees here in Bethesda, MD. WTF? It's December.

I have been having a weird day. Nothing happened at all. Same old stuff. But for some reason, I just feel weird. Well, more weird than usual. I'm having strange thoughts and weird moments. I think it's the weather and there's an apocalypse coming. Or something. I just feel like I'm just sort of observing the day, but not really participating. I'm a quiet observer today.

The week has been fairly normal so far. I actually started swimming again and it's felt really great to be active again. It's been a long 2 weeks of inactivity.

Tonight is the first night of no coaching on Wednesdays. Maybe that's what is making me feel weird. I have plans for me and Keller to go visit friends, so it's not like I don't know what to do with myself.

So, I neglected to mention in my last blog post the haircut we gave Keller Sunday night. I don't usually like to mention things that kind of portray me as an idiot. Well, that's not true. It's more of me being an idiot and my child is involved. See, John and I got the crazy idea that we would give Keller a haircut using the clipper things John uses. I normally cut Keller's hair because he HATES getting his hair cut. This wasn't always the case but it is now, so whatever. John wanted to try these clipper things because he thought it would be easier. So, we go along clipping Keller's hair and all is fine but I was having a hard time getting the back clipped. I don't know if it was the way Keller was sitting or what, but I couldn't get any hair off the back. John suggested I take the safety thing off the clippers and cut it that way. So, I did. And now my poor child has a bald spot on the back of his head!!! I totally scalped him. I repeat, John told me to do it. I defer all balme to him. At least it's on the back of his head and not the front, but it is noticable. And he was so cute sitting there, all unknowing, watching his Word World. While we scalped him.

Don't get me wrong, the rest of the haircut is fine. He looks as adorable as ever. But that poor little bald spot makes me feel bad every time I look at it. My poor child.

So, I guess the weather, my strange paranoid thoughts, and my scalped child are lending to the weirdness of the day. Hopefully it will pass. It's making me sleepy.

1 comment:

jgill said...

In my defense, I asked you to take the safety guard off but I DID NOT ask you to gap out his head! It's 1/1/09 now and it his hair has grown back in.