Monday, March 9, 2009

Plans & Reveries

I love the weekend.

My parents came into town this weekend, which is always a nice time. We didn't do anything, but it's just awesome to spend time with them. We haven't seen my dad since Christmas because he was sick and didn't come down with my mom last month. It was so good to see them.

Saturday night the crew went to the Rock and Roll Hotel to see Black Gold. The front person, Eric, is the brother of our friend Marc ("Mr. Mawk" according to Keller). It was a lot of fun. We all had babysitters and basically let loose. And the band was awesome. Such a fun night.

On the way there, we saw a pod of tourists on Segways. Really? A Segway? How do I know they were tourists? It was not just one person trolling DC, but a gaggle of people. No self-respecting DC-area resident is going to ride around on a Segway. It was really quite amusing and pathetic all at the same time. Ever since our former president was filmed falling off a Segway, anyone riding one is automatically deemed a dork. Sorry. By the way, I mentioned this for Susan. Hi Susan!

There was a terrifying twist in events last night. We went out for dinner and as we were getting out of the car, we heard what we thought were gun shots. In Germantown. We then see 3 guys tearing through the parking lot. We went into the restaurant and, coincidentally, Keller threw a fit. He wanted to listen to music in the car. No one wanted to deal with it, so, we left. We go back into the parking lot and the police are all over. We told them what we heard and saw and hopefully something came of it. There weren't any ambulances or anything, so we don't know if anyone was actually shot. I really think a move will be in our not-so-distant future.

On a happy note, my new No Boundaries 5K training program starts tonight and my latest crop of runners will have a wonderful night for their first run. I am quite excited because I love spring running programs. And my friend Kerry will be helping me out with this group, so it should be a fun time.

1 comment:

suiej said...

You're especially dorky if you're doing it in the dark on a Saturday night. Come on, we all have feet for a reason!

I can't believe you remembered me saying I wanted you to comment on that on your blog! Hi back!