Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Rico Suave

My child is a ladies' man.

There's a new little girl in Keller's class. Her name is Hailey and she's down-right adorable. She's so little and cute, with such a sweet little face. When I've picked Keller up from school, I've noticed the two of them playing together and having a grand old time. One time, they were chasing each other around outside and I had to literally drag Keller away from her. That should have tipped me off.

A couple of days ago, John picked Keller up from school. One of his teachers told him that Keller and Hailey are best friends. They play together all day and just have a good time together. They sit at the table together when they're having lunch and snacks. We thought it was pretty cute that Keller had a little love interest. We'd ask him about Hailey and if he loved her (yes), thought she was nice (yes), and liked to see her at school (yes). We were happy he was getting along well with his classmates.

Well, maybe he's getting along a little too well, if you know what I mean. Yesterday, when I arrived to pick Keller up from school, they were sitting at the table having their snacks. I usually just hang out and let him finish eating. While I'm sitting there, I talk with Keller's teachers to see how his day went. Here's the conversation:

Me: How was Keller's day today?
Teacher: Oh, it was good. Blah blah blah, I won't bore you with the details. (she didn't say that, I'm saying that to you, dear reader.)
Me: Oh, great.
Teacher: So, Keller and Hailey are best friends.
Me: I know, that's so cute.
Teacher: Yes, but when they play together, they kiss on the mouth.
Me: What?

Apparently, Keller and Hailey have started to kiss all day long. At first, they said it was cute how they kissed and they didn't really think anything of it. But then, each time they played together, they kissed! HA! I don't really think there's anything to it. But, what am I supposed to do? Do I laugh and make light of it because it's absolutely adorable? Or do I try and get him to stop? I don't want to make him not want to kiss girls! But at the same time, if he's kissing girls at 2, what is he going to do in high school?

I did have a "talk" with him. I asked him about kissing Hailey and he said he kissed her. I told him that her parents may not want her to kiss anyone at school. He didn't really pay attention. I'm interested to hear about his day today.

Keller and Hailey, sitting in a tree...

No comments: