Wednesday, May 21, 2008

You say you want a revolution...

The latest obsession: tea.

Yes, tea. When I went to the concert and dinner with Lynne last week, I learned that she is a tea aficionado. I knew she liked tea and all, but the like apparently runs a little deeper than I thought. She's crazy for it. I was intrigued.

She said she orders a lot of her tea online and has certain preferences, none of which I remember. But she mentioned one tea that is good that you can get in the store: Revolution Tea. So, I decided to look them up.





One thing you have to know about me: I'm an advertiser's dream come true. I am a true sucker for advertising, packaging, labeling, etc. Revolution Tea's website is so pretty and clean. Their packaging is so sleek and inviting. I was instantly sold.

For the past few days I've been looking at their website and figuring out what I want to try. But I was unsure of how it was sold. Is it tea bags? Is it loose tea? I broke my infuser, I'd have to buy a new one. I decided to call the company and ask. The very nice lady explained that the tea bags are themselves infusers. They are a tea bag that is made of some magical fiber that allows for the perfect flow of hot water through the whole-leaf tea inside. And! They're see-through so you can watch your yummy tea brew.





I had to have this tea. I ran out of my office (not screaming) and walked very quickly to the Safeway down the street. I called John and he reassured me that I'm not crazy and tea is good for me so it's all right that I'm obsessing. Good enough.

I got to Safeway. There it was! And it was on sale! It was fate. I bought all the flavors they had, which was 6 flavors: Tropical Green Tea, White Pear, Dragon Eye Oolong, English Breakfast, Earl Grey Lavender, and Sweet Ginger Peach. I had the White Pear when I got back to work. Yum-my! Now I'm drinking the Earl Grey Lavendar. I normally have to put milk in black tea because it's kind of bitter. Not this! It's wonderful.

I can't wait to try them all! There are something like 30 flavors and you can buy them all online. There are coupons in the boxes! Seriously, there are so many signs pointing to me drinking this tea, it's scary.
I'm sure by the time you've read this, I will have bought and tried all the flavors. I'll let you know which ones are my favorites!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watch out Jenn or you will become a tea 'ho like me. My 2 favorite places for ordering online are www.adagio.com and www.mightyleaftea.com I love the passion fruit tea and Valentine tea from Adagio and love the chamomile citrus and ginger twist from Mighty Leaf Tea. I find it very soothing to drink tea in the afternoon and often when I'm feeling sick it makes me feel much better. Oh and my favorites from Revolution are the lavender Earl Grey and white tangerine. I think I need to go brew up a cup!