Tuesday, July 1, 2008

'Cause I Gotta Have Faith

Ok, so my last post was pretty bad. I'm sorry. Thank you to all my friends who checked up on me to make sure I hadn't gone over the deep end. I was really upset when I wrote that post. But I'm doing better now.

The weekend at my parents turned out to be really nice. My brother and sister-in-law came out for the weekend and we all had a great time. We did a whole lot of nothing other than just hanging out, eating, and catching up on life. Did I mention eating? It seems we were eating nonstop all weekend. I had a lot of ice cream, that's for sure. It's a good thing I like to run.

Speaking of running, John and I found these trails close to my parents' house that were awesome. It's a network of trails that literally go on for miles. We got lost for a while, but luckily found our way out. I can't wait to go back there and run on them again.

My mom is doing well. She can't eat a whole lot of solid food, but she is handling it very well. I tell you, my mom is a rock. She has been through so much this year and she just handles it like it's nothing. I wish I had even an ounce of her strength. She has been such an amazing role model for me. She just makes things happen in life and I so admire that. Mom, you're a rock star. I love you.

We have officially begun the search for new schools for Keller. The poor sweet baby doesn't like school anymore. He stayed home with John yesterday because the poor sweet baby got upset at the mention of school. I brought him today, but when we got there he said he didn't like school. I felt so bad leaving him there, but it will hopefully not be too much longer. I have an appointment tomorrow at a new place and we'll go from there. We're also beginning the funfest of potty training. In order for him to go into the next class he will most likely need to be potty trained. Any advice will be appreciated!

So, all in all, I'm doing all right. I have my moments, but I just have to remain positive that everything will work out. No one said it would be easy, you know how hard it has been, but the way things are going....oops. Sorry, I was singing a song (The Ballad of John and Yoko, for anyone wanting to know). But the words ring true.

No comments: