Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Everyday I Write the Book

OMG!

Ok, so I've become obsessed with text messaging. It started out all innocent and only every so often because we didn't have unlimited text messaging as part of our cell phone plan. But then every so often turned into once every other day, then everyday, then multiple times a day!

So I called up Sprint and signed us up for unlimited text. I am a text crack hound now. I will text anyone anything. I was texting John yesterday and he didn't know what the sound was, or where it was coming from, then he realized it was his phone and he had a couple of messages from me.

Text messaging is an ingenious way to communicate. As soon as a thought pops into your head, you can tell someone about it. I texted John on my way into work this morning because I saw that the gas station right by our house had 3.99 gas (which is pretty cool). I now just need to get a new phone so texting is easier. I really want an iPhone but I would not only have to switch service providers, but shell out a ton o'cash. Then they'll just go and update it tomorrow. I can never win with electronics.

In other news, I hit a HUGE milestone in my running this morning. So, I've been keeping my current running log since January 2006 and today I hit the 2000-mile mark. Well, technically, I'm at 2003. Wee hoo! Isn't that great? That means, since January 2006, I have run the equivalent of running from my house to just beyond Green River, Utah. I looked it up! I'm pretty proud of myself. In January 2006, I had a newborn baby and finding the time to brush my teeth, let alone run, was a feat in and of itself. Plus my identity was stolen and that was a horrible depressing time. Running was my only outlet. Since then I've run 5 marathons, a few 1/2 marathons, a bunch of 10-milers and some 5Ks & 10Ks. Not to mention partnering in starting a non-profit, coaching runners, and then going back to work full time. And of course taking care of my family. Not bad for a frumpy old mom! Sorry to toot my horn, but we all gotta do it every now and then. If we're not proud of our accomplishments, who else would be?

Today you have a task: be proud of who you are and what you've done.

No comments: