Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mother's Little Helper

Lola is sick. :( She has a skin infection and has to take 1000 pills a day and have her little spots wiped with these antibacterial pads. But she's a trooper and takes it like a man, so to speak.

Anyway, this morning John was getting her pills together and Keller was sitting at the table eating his strawberries. Keller noticed John was getting Lola's medicine out, and he jumped off his chair in excitement:

Keller: "Dad!" Daddy!" (he hardly ever calls John anything other than Papa)
John: "Yeah, bud."
Keller: "Are you giving Lola her medicine?"
John: "Yeah, bud."
Me: Hee.

Keller then proceeds to get some treats for her and starts shoving them into her mouth. John could hardly get any of the pills in. He kept telling Keller that he needed to wait until after the medicine, but Keller was pretty determined to give her the treat. Lola, though slightly confused, was happy at all the treats. I had to go to work, so I don't know how it ended, but it was pretty funny.

Upon arriving at my office building, I walk into the lobby and one of the elevators automatically open. This happens a lot, and I don't know if it's a sensor, but it's a little freaky. So, I step in and wait. Then I realize I have to push a button to actually go to my floor. Funny how that works. Unfortunately, I forget to push the button fairly often and I just stand there wondering what the hell is wrong with the elevator.

It's Thursday! Thursday is kind of my favorite day of the work week. You get to look forward to Friday all day. My office mate is working from home today so I have the place to myself. I'm going to play my music and have a good day. Speaking of music, the other day the computer guy was working on my computer (no, it's not fixed, damn it!) and I had my iPod playing. The theme from Rocky came on and I was slightly embarrassed. I told him it was my running playlist going and he said he figured. But I know he was laughing at me.

Speaking of Rocky, if that movie (any of them up to #5 which I refused to watch, and I fell asleep during the latest one) ever comes on the TV, I have to stop what I'm doing and watch. I love Rocky. Seriously.

Cut me, Mick.

By the way, you can get me this shirt for my upcoming birthday. I wear a medium.

1 comment:

jgill said...

If only Keller would clean up the accidents (lakes and logs) that Lola leaves behind after taking this medicine!