Monday, July 21, 2008

Manic Monday

Ugh.

Here we are, another Monday, another week ahead of us. Yippy.

The weekend was good. I love the weekend. Saturday we didn't do a whole lot. I ran in the morning, my friend Lynne came over for lunch. Then one of Keller's little friends, Landon, had a birthday party. Then I went out with friends for a much needed night out on the town.

Mary, Melissa, Mark (Melissa's hubby), Eric (Mark's brother who is in the band Black Gold), and Melissa's friend Susan went out drinking in Bethesda. We went to dinner at the yummy Olazzo first and then to Caddies for about 800 vodka tonics. Needless to say, we had a great time and Sunday morning was a bit ugly for me.

Yes, I finally got myself out of bed around 10:30 on Sunday. Then we went over to the pool. The sun helped me feel better. I wasn't hung over in the traditional sense of the word, it was more of just a protest on the part of my stomach. I just can't hang anymore. I'm old.

After the pool, we took naps (our usual Sunday afternoon activity). We then went to Trader Joe's, which has become my new favorite place. Seriously, I love that place and everything in it. I want to live there.

When the alarm went off this morning, I thought about throwing across the room, but just didn't have the energy. I was meeting my friend Connie to run. And I had to conserve. The run went well but I'm pretty tired.

I have to vent for a moment. My work computer sucks giant ass. It is so slow that I think I lose about 3 days of life between waiting and being angry over it. Come on! It's 2008 and we should not have to wait 5 minutes for a computer to boot up. Not to mention the wait to open a freaking document in Word. Whew. That's all about that.

Happy Monday, people.

1 comment:

marc8773 said...

That's Marc...with a "c"!! :P

Saturday WAS fun indeed! It ain't often that we party till 3am.

-Mawk (as Keller would say)