Thursday, August 14, 2008

You've Got a Friend

At the urging of many friends, I have finally set up a Facebook profile thing. You can check it out here.

I am still very unsure of the whole thing. What do you do with it? I know there is a "wall" that you can post comments on. And you can send messages to people through it too. But how is that any different than just emailing someone? I get that you can find people on there. In fact, I found some people I went to high school with that I may ask to be my friend. And I get that you can post pictures for all your friends to see. But, in all honesty, it kind of makes me feel old.

So, my doctor told me on Monday that I wasn't allowed to have any caffeine. Well, I didn't have any on Tuesday or Wednesday. But I caved today. I have a client meeting in about 45 minutes and I need to be on fire! Well, since I haven't had any coffee in a couple of days, I'm flying right now. Seriously. I'm a little concerned that I'm going to go crazy in my meeting and my client is going to be frightened. Or maybe she'll just think I'm extra excited about the work we're doing. Yeah, that's it. That's the angle I'll go for.

Today is my Friday. I am taking off tomorrow all the way through to next Friday. Yahoo! It wasn't the original plan to take that much time off, but it just worked out that way. And I am definitely looking forward to it.

Tomorrow is Keller's last day at his current school. We are having a "graduation" party for him. I made him a little cap and we'll have a little scroll diploma for him. Then we'll have a congratulatory dinner at Red Robin. Maybe even some ice cream will be involved. I don't want it to be a sad thing for him. And then starting Monday, he'll be visiting the new school. I cannot wait to see how he likes it.

Ok, I need to go walk around some. I have to get this caffeine high under control!

No comments: