Saturday, September 27, 2008

Eye of the Tiger

Well, he's off!

We were up and out by 5:00 this morning. We went to drop off his supplies at the transition areas and then headed to the start. John was in really good spirits. I've seen him nervous before but he wasn't really that freaked out. He just seemed really excited.

At 6:50 they were allowed to get into the water. They had to swim to the "start line." then the sky opened up and it began to pour. I was soaked. The race promptly started at 7:00.

I left to go back to the house and get changed and pick up Keller, John's mom and sister. We made it back to see John on the bike. Then we went to get something to eat. We parked alongside the road so we could see John again. We saw him about 3 times because we decided to drive up and down the road. It was pretty funny.
Now we're back at the house. I think I'm going to go on a run here in a minute.

I will update again soon.

No comments: