Monday, October 6, 2008

Clock Goes Round

There are some days where my biggest accomplishment is just getting out of the house in one piece.

I used to be such a punctual person. In fact, I was an on-time snob. I was never late for anything, and if I ever was, it was because of a catastrophic event. Well, that was before and this is now.

I am late for everything. Seriously, I just cannot be on time for anything anymore, no matter how hard I try. And I hate it. Hate, hate, hate.

This morning, we all got up a little late. I cannot get out of bed when Keller is still sleeping. It's unnatural. He has always been an early riser, and by this I'm talking about waking up at 5:00 in the morning, everyday. And he just doesn't "wake up," he is ready to take on the world, running around like his pants are on fire. So, when the chance to sleep in a little comes along, we're all over it. The past few mornings, Keller has slept until 7:00, which is pretty much our noon.

After we got up and had breakfast, it was crazy time. John and I getting ready, me trying to track down everything, and not finding anything. Seriously, I lost a pair of shoes. How do you lose shoes? I've always wondered that, when I see random shoes on the side of the road, how on Earth does that happen? Well, I'm sure my cute black heels are on the side of the road somewhere.

Anyway, we made it out of the house. Keller was a little late for school, but it was all right. They were doing their sign language session when we came in and he sat down and seemed to just get to it. As I was leaving, there was another little girl from his class coming in, so I didn't feel so bad.

I surprisingly made it to work on time. Traffic wasn't bad. As I was driving to my parking garage, I saw a fellow late person running down the street, waving her arms at something. Though, she was in worse shape than me because her underwear was hanging out of her pants and her hair was all wet. That instantly made me feel better. :)

Nothing like being late Monday morning.

No comments: