Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm Gonna Flip Out Like a Ninja

There is some crazy shit out there. Seriously.

I was writing an article for my D.C. Running Examiner column on running at night (stay tuned, it should be posted later today). I did a Google search for LED lights you can wear, because I have one but I couldn't remember who made it. Anyway, I came across this website that has all this self defense stuff. In addition to slingshots and blowguns, you can buy really pretty pink and swirly colored Ninja throwing stars. And stun guns that are shaped like cell phones. You know, to throw off your attacker. There was a lot of crazy stuff.

So, then I got to thinking about Ninjas and I did a Google search on Ninjas. I came across this other website that has a whole line of apparel for Ninja Kittens. I'm serious. I don't know if it's outfits for a Ninja kitten, or an adult to showcase their love for Ninja kittens. You should really check it out. The whole theme of the website is good and evil kittens. It kind of weirded me out, but I figured I'd share it anyway.

I realize the Internet is a crazy place. But good and evil kittens? While I think Percy (our cat) has some good and evil moments, I wouldn't make up a whole website about him. I don't know, maybe I would. I do love him and have 13 years of Percy stories to share. Be on the lookout for Evil Ninja Percy: The Blog.

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

jgill said...

The thought of Percy walking around in a Ninja outfit and throwing stars, brings me much laughter.

Cyberpenguin said...

Hi Jenn (& John!),

Do you remember me from TIGR? (We have several mutual friends.) Hope you are doing well!

Anyhow, was happy to find you & your blog. (You can thank mutual friends on Facebook for that. ;-) )

Great blog & article in the D.C. Running Examiner!

Didn't realize that you were such an avid runner until I saw your blog & personal training website - That's fantastic! A big passion for running is something we definitely share in common!

BTW, are you planning on running in the Rockville 5K/10K? If so, I'll see you there! ;-)

-Corey/Cyberpenguin
http://seecoreyrun.blogspot.com

P.S. I also recently marked you as a Facebook friend. Look forward to hearing from you!