Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Puke

Our house went on the market today. Well, technically it's not on the market until tomorrow but the sign is in front of our house. I thought I was going to puke all over the place when I saw it.

I have come to the point where I feel overwhelmed. There is just too much going on and there has been too much change or impending change. I feel like my head is spinning and my stomach is in knots.

While we're looking forward to moving to San Diego, selling our house has to be one of the most stressful things ever. And it's not even on the market yet! For weeks I've been purging and cleaning, selling stuff, etc. All while trying to care for my family and work. I am kind of spent and the real stress hasn't even started. When the house goes on the market, trying to keep the house clean and get out when people want to see it will be hard with the babies and the dog.

I have so many mixed feelings about this move. We were out in San Diego last week and had such a nice time. We've narrowed down where we want to live and our favorite is San Elijo Hills in San Marcos. It's northeast from downtown and it's in the mountains. It will be a bit of a drive for John but nothing crazy. It's about 24 miles from his office. Nothing too terrible. But the neighborhood is beautiful, very family friendly and about 10 miles from the coast. It's cooler because it's at elevation but nice because it doesn't have the coastal marine layer that hangs for the most part of the morning. We've found the closest running stores, so that's important. The schools are insanely good. I know we'll all be so happy there and life will be good for us. But leaving my friends and family is going to be hard. Really, we only have another 2 months here. And so much will be going on that I don't even know if we'll be able to see anyone! I feel really isolated right now and it's hard.

I think the thing that will give me the biggest relief will be selling our house. Once that's done we can make an offer on a house out there. Please, Gods of Real Estate, please shine down on us and find a buyer!! Please, please, please!!!!

3 comments:

Steve H said...

Hi Jenn. Not much to say about your blog, except the title cracks me up. I'm impressed: an Eminem rant! Anyway, having gone through what you're experiencing, I do understand; hang in there! And, we know you're still here! Although your schedule is dictated by Ellen and Brenna, anytime you (and John) are able to break away, just call, and don't worry about interrupting us!

Run with Sole said...

I knew you'd know that was Eminem. I really want to have everyone over for a happy hour as it's been so long since we've done that. But I'm afraid of how it will be with the girls. I'll keep you posted on that. In the meantime, I suggest a rooftop get together!! Maybe next Thursday?

Steve H said...

Rooftop sounds great to me! The other idea I was considering was a Ferris Bueller's Day Off movie happy hour, since it's the 25th year anniversary. I love that movie.